ITEMS WE CAN'T ACCEPT
- Reuse items- we are not doing a free pile or donating reuse items this year
- Hazardous waste - batteries, CFLs, Styrofoam, paint, oil
- Construction and remodeling waste - flooring, walls, siding, ceilings, insulation, electrical
- Residential yard debris and trimmings
- Curbside-accepted waste or recycling
- Not accepted for appliance/electronics recycling: Large appliances - air conditioners, dish washers, clothes washers or dryers, exercise equipment, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, water heaters
Every spring, our neighborhood holds a "cleanup" at SEI School/Unthank Park. Neighbors bring their household junk to the location to get recycled or scrapped. Volunteers help unload vehicles, collect donations, throw junk into dumpsters, or do alleyway or house pickups by truck. The cost to neighbors is less than a trip to the dump, and it's more convenient.
Volunteers make this event happen. For every 2 hours you volunteer, you will get a free beer up to $5 at Stormbreaker Brewing or Bridgetown Beerhouse. To get involved, contact Katy at email@example.com
WHERE DO I TAKE ITEMS YOU DON'T ACCEPT?
- Hazardous waste - Metro Central Transfer Station.
- Medications - North Portland Police Precinct.
- CFL Lightbulbs - Total Reclaim, Far West Recycling, IKEA, or Home Depot.
- Styrofoam - Far West Recycling in Beaverton
- Large appliances - Total Reclaim, Far West Recycling, Metro Central Transfer Station.
- For all other recycling and reuse questions, check out Metro's site or call Ask Metro at 503-234-3000.