Fargo Row Lot Project
Project managers: Jason Mercury (email@example.com) and Katy Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our plan is to adopt the land, manage the landscaping and lawn maintenance, and activate it as a community space. There are a number of opportunities here; possible community garden, public park space, dog play area, movie nights.
Separately, Jason is also working with PBOT to paint a mural on the adjacent Albina PBOT yard wall.
- Did you know Prince donated $10,000 to start a community garden here in the 90s? Read the story.
- The site currently has no water hookup.
- The site is used informally as a dog park already, but it has no fence or trash cans.
- Between 2000 and 2009, there were 9 nuisance violation permits issued.
- Mowing is done inconsistently by ODOT, and the slack is picked up by neighbors who use the site as a dog play area.
- Site is currently zoned R1 Residential.
- Site is 0.04 acres.
4/2/17: Jason and Katy are seeking to get clarity on plans for the land from ODOT and PBOT. PBOT may want to buy the land for their Kerby Yard redesign in a few years. BNA has a $500 Small Grant available which closes April 26.
7/19/16: Jason's application was cancelled. ODOT declared the land "surplus" which means it's no longer "adoptable"; it is "sellable".
6/22/16: Jason's application to ODOT to adopt the land was accepted.
May 2016: BNA Letter of Support